View Single Post
dfj225

2004-07-25, 17:56

I'm currently a CS major and right now the language I use the most is C++. I also know some PHP and a little Perl. I will probably have to learn Java this fall, I heard that some people like it better than C++. I haven't used C#, but I have heard some good things about it. I have only been using a OS X for development for about a month, but I can really say that it seems like a great system to develop for. I really like how you can just include a framework in the project and not have to worry about the compiler having access to it. MS Visual Studio is a nice program, but I can't figure out for the life of me what I am doing wrong when I try to compile a program that needs the GLUT headers. Oh well. Xcode is a nice program, and I enjoy programming in it. I haven't done much with Cocoa, but it seems like it is a pretty easy technology to use. Hopefully I will be doing more coding in OS X in the future (I just bought an iBook for home), and I love the fact that Unix is there if I choose to utilize it. That adds a lot to OS X.