Thread: Apple wannabes
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-10-05, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Man, I hate Applenova wannabees that don't realise that the wisecracks are the very heart and soul of the forum.... Seriously, though, toughen up. If you state a controversial opinion, expect people to take the piss out of you.
There is something I need to get off of my chest before I get to work for the day.

I love AppleNova' rise to stardo, i have been using AppleNova forums since the day it was started, so from a very young age. However there is one thing that has bothered me, and i see this a lot on the Internet. All these people who have caught onto the cool status of AppleNova, have their bookmarks to VTP and the clinic and what not, and suddenly they think they are applenova gods and are lecturing about how they love applenova.

Switchers are great for the AppleNova community and all of us because we benefit from increased discussions, however if you have not been given crap about the split from AI, and cannot identify with the nailgun guy when Windswept bans a spammer then in my books (and opinion) you are not a true AppleNova fan, just someone who jumps on something that is cool ie not a trend setter, just a trend follower.

Does anyone understand what i mean? or is it just me? any thoughts/gripes please ?

Thanks for your time and input.
Brad

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.