View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-02-04, 18:43

Does he even play soccer anymore? Anytime I see anything about/with him, it's something along these lines...or him posing with his knot-head wife in similar shots for magazines, websites, some TV profile, etc. (do the two of them every put any clothes on?). I can't remember the last soccer-related thing he's done, other than kinda underwhelm in L.A. (despite, of course, months and months of breathless hype and build-up). Why doesn't he just retire from his day gig and model full-time?

No, Robo...that ad is going to cause the Walmart-and-ammo set to go into various "I'm straight as hell!" self-affirmation rituals, so they won't even reach the end where H&M is referenced. Sorry.

They'll be busy in the kitchen opening a beer with their buddy's teeth (or ass cheeks, in a bit of oblivious irony), while using a free hand to slap their wife for "scorching the cheese pool".

But seriously...the only Super Bowl commercials I like are ones that don't come across as Super Bowl commercials. And, at the moment, I can't think of a single one. It's certainly nothing from Pepsi or Doritos, I'll tell you that right now. Those two outfits wrote the book on it.