View Single Post
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2007-01-30, 16:14

eh, not to go too far off the dark matter God track, but....

personally i belong to the church of "I Don't Care"...i don't care if there is a God or not...it doesn't affect or effect (can never get those two figured out) anything in my day to day life. whether there is a God or not doesn't change my job, how i treat people...nothing against God, but i do good things and i am nice to people whether he/she/it wants me to or not...so i'm not suddenly nicer because of God, nor will i suddenly decide to kill someone because God tells me too...I Don't Care...he/she/it lives it's life, i live mine...works out best for both of us

now if you believe in a God that watches us and intervines...well that is scary because God could be doing a much much much better job

if you believe in a God that "painted" this world and learned from that and is off "painting" new, better worlds...i'm fine with that

if you believe God started the big bang and is now off vacationing in some galactic equivalent of st thomas till we evolve enough to talk and be of interest to him (think of us still as in the zygote phase...got a lot of growing to do)...i'm fine with that

personally i'm liking this whole God is all the mass and all the pulling and all the tugging of stuff that is "between" space...everything we can't see, can't be, can't touch or taste; but that still gets a sun to spin or affects the orbit of a whole galaxy...that is God

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough