View Single Post
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2007-06-10, 01:22

In the tradition of my triumphant piece of theatrical stagecraft, the Kennel People, I'd submit my recreation of the crypt from my contemporary dance version of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Cask of Armontillado" as performed to the Alan Parsons song of the same name, and complete with 12 year old child being choreographically buried alive. However, I'd have to look for some pics or video.

Instead, I thought this might provide you with some inspiration, Brad. The Canberra Battle Group were the subject of one project I was working on when I got expelled from school for being naughty. We had to do a short video on hobbyists. Here's a pic and how they describe their particular obsession, and a grab bag of some footage I shot of their October 2005 "Big Battle".

The whole swiveling turret thing is very cool IMHO. While the mind boggles at the idea of you and drew combining skills and creating a scaled down pirate galleon with cannon firing some sort of simulated cannon balls (squash balls perhaps?), a swiveling cannon firing ball bearings atop the head (mounted on a tin foil hat!), would no doubt strike fear into your enemies while also giving you the added advantage of being able to shoot without turning around!

Quote:
We build radio controlled scale model warships and merchant ships and emulate historical WWI and WWII naval battles between the Allied and Axis fleets - protecting convoys etc. The ships are armed with Co2 powered cannons that fire ball bearings and the ships are designed to sink if hit sufficiently. The ships have pumps to simulate damage control and the balsa wood 'armour' is to scale, dependent on the real ship's armour thickness. Any ship (except sailing ships) laid down or in commission between 1901 and 1946 inclusive is allowed. The electronics are treated to withstand dunkings and each ship has a float to mark the spot where it sinks - we just haul them up, patch the holes and send them out again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpoTGCvOsRo

The ball bearings don't hurt. Much.

Shit! I forgot. There's special bonus footage of a dog that spotted a kangaroo while we were filming and the roo's demonstration of its aquatic supremacy over the K9.

Last edited by crazychester : 2007-06-10 at 01:29. Reason: Mongrel bloody dogs chasing kanga-bloody-roos.