View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-06-21, 21:09

It's too bad that there were not more entries, but so be it. I'll evaluate the photos in the order that they were submitted.

Brad: A fun pic, featuring a large collection of 'things', but that does not really work for me at the underlying level to convey the person. No gut reaction.

GSpotter: I especially like the second pic - what he referred to on his website as his 'clone' pic - as a tribute to a type of photo that dates back, I believe, to the 19th century. Stylishly done, with his usual mastery of the craft and with a sense of humour. But that was not his entry (and could not be under the rules). The actual entry also has a sense of humour and the technical chops but, in its own way like Brad's, did not grab me at the emotional level as conveying the person. (Ironically, the second pic did that much more: I see curiosity, technique, and patience.)

PB: I like the colours and the backdrop. It reminds me of a Beatles poster that I had on my walls when I was a kid. It is really just a quick snap though. As PB said "this will have to do". Competent, but not showing the 'love' he has for his other photos.

Billybobsky: Staring right into the camera - a challenging, intense look - in front of a vast space. Billybobsky vs. the Universe. Or maybe Billybobsky and the Universe vs. Us. Maybe not a technically perfect photo, but it has 'soul". I really quite like it. First prize.

Turtle: Father's Day. Enough said. Runner-up

Thanks to all of you for submitting your photos. Over to you Billybob for the next theme. With any luck there will be more entries.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.

Last edited by Chinney : 2010-06-21 at 21:51. Reason: spelling