View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-12, 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Also, if you have some time to kill, these videos by "Aizistral" (author of the No Chat Reports mod that I installed in our server) do a fantastic job of explaining the technical details behind this garbage and some critical flaws in its design and implementation:

How Minecraft's Player Chat Reporting works (...and why I hate it)
Why you can be banned for NOTHING in Minecraft (...and how to protect yourself)
Minecraft 1.19.84: Is This War?
Misconceptions about Minecraft's Chat Reporting

(chronological order, oldest video first)

He talks about the No Chat Reports mod in the second video starting around 8:30 (and throughout the third video). If you start watching these, I suggest you watch them all (I was able to listen in the background and understand just fine playing at 2x) because Microsoft/Mojang have been quietly sneaking in changes that he explains in the subsequent videos.
Wow. Long time watching these, and only into the third one right now but this is pretty bad. I mean, the guy doing the videos is certainly sensationalizing it, but there is real validity to what he is saying.

Edit: 709, you are still the man! I love it!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.