View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-08-28, 14:22

Server is back up! For now!

turtle, I moved/edited/added some scripts so you can recover the server more easily if I'm not around.
  • /opt/minecraft/scripts/backup_restore_latest.sh - Run this after a server reboot if we lose the /mnt/ramdisk contents. It will use the latest world backup files according to the symlinks to expand and restore the contents.
  • /opt/minecraft/scripts/backup_saveworld.sh - Mostly the same as the old saveworld.sh script, but in a new location. I symlinked the old path to this one so no automated jobs should break. The script now aborts/exits prematurely if the server's world directory doesn't exist. This prevents the symlinks from pointing to empty tgz files.
  • /opt/minecraft/scripts/server_kickstart.sh - Manage a backgrounded screen session named "minecraft" running server_run.sh.
  • /opt/minecraft/scripts/server_run.sh - Start the MC server. You'll generally not want to run this directly; use server_kickstart.sh instead.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.