View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2016-03-20, 21:41

I am in dire need of a great photo management app for the Mac. I had been using Aperture for 4+ years after moving up from iPhoto. I have over a decade of annual Aperture libraries with all of my photos.... over 4TBs of Photos....

I am using Apple Photos for my photos from the last 1-2 years but there is no way for me to use it for my entire photo archive/catalog as Apple's biggest iCloud plan is just 1TB.

What options do I have? I feel burned by Apple and Aperture and especially by it's proprietary library storage.

What is the best app out there that organizes it's library via standard Finder file structure so that if development of the app ends, my library is still left in a somewhat sensible file storage state?

It's amazing how difficult it is to find something :-\. Apple is really dropping the ball when it comes to photo storage. I know most people don't have 4TBs of photos to store, but that scenario is not too far off from being common with 12MP iPhone photos and 4K 120FPS iPhone videos, Live photos, and soon dual lens photos which may also be live. It's not unreasonably to expect iPhone 7S Plus photos to be over 20MB each uncompressed.