View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-10-15, 00:54

You are comparing IKEA to Walmart? I mean, I guess if Walmart is your gold standard... You really ought to change your standards.

The expense of consistently replacing your disposable IKEA shit is far higher than saving and buying a decently crafted piece of furniture. IKEA's only useful niche is for people in transition. This covers those with children and those just leaving home. Regardless, it is still shit. The quality is piss poor as you would expect from any company focusing on its products' disposability.

I haven't had a piece of IKEA furniture of any grade last longer than a year in fully functional form except for one of their high end rolling kitchen counter things (which wasn't, by comparison to offerings from more traditional companies, worth the money). Yet every piece of furniture I have purchased independently of IKEA has lasted multiple moves in near new quality.

The point, ultimately, is that you are better off buying used from a second hand store than buying IKEA. New isn't everything; especially when it means you will be replacing it every two years.