View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-20, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Surely the smartest thing is to make the existing Skyway system pull double duty as the main minecart routing as well? We could keep Bonn's monorail to the arena and my Farm-Treehouse line as historical oddities, but do all future minecart routes via the skyways.

(Assuming, of course, that Minecart lag is fixed, which I've not seen conclusive evidence of.... Although, having said that, my old-style booster system seemed to not overstress the server when we played with it a few nights ago, so maybe the problem has gone away...? )

I say, once we've gone to 1.5_02 that we use Bonn's Arena line as a test and get Bradster to monitor server load while we test it. If it's a go, then we move onto mass transit for all. If not, we wait for updates and mothball the system again. I might visit Turtle Park more often if we have it!

And yes, we should totally colour the routes and have a London Underground-style map.
Most of the skyways will need to be widened to accommodate two tracks, that is except for the one section I built knowing this was coming... :P