View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-02-23, 14:40

Great link although it doesn't help with my specific issue... HOWEVER it does show how to stop WP from leaping to the "more" anchor tag when people follow an excerpt to an individual post (a fix which I'll implement tonight).

I don't see an easy fix for making article photos into links to the articles which they belong.
I am currently hand-coding the IMG markup within the body of each entry, so the images are part of each post, not a regularly recurring decorative graphic that can be specified by the_content() tag. Also, the only time that you would need for the image to work as a hotlink is when it's in an excerpt, as on an archive page. When it's on an individual entry page it should not be a hotlink because you're already looking at the full article by that time.

Since the image code is always different from article to article I don't see a way to make the image link to the full article. I tried wrapping the photo with an anchor tag with a wordpress PHP call inside that doesn't work... I suspect that it has something to do the post being written out within The Loop, not being parsed by The Loop.

Still, it would be neat.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter