View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-07, 17:48

I took a look around earlier, and it felt good to be home again.

That's some snazzy work with the new nether network, you guys. Good work! As usual, I got myself thoroughly lost in the nether for a good while and panicked briefly before I found a corner and carefully worked my way back to the central area.

I was surprised to see that Minecraft still served me my custom texture pack with the server. I would have expected that to have broken because it's using an older technically incompatible format. I was thinking about taking a couple cycles on my end to fix a few issues and maybe add a couple more similar-looking alternatives for the new wood colors. I think the rest of the new stuff looks pretty good by default. I sure am glad Notch isn't in charge of all the art assets any more!

Are you guys still playing with the server-side texture pack enabled? If not, I might just make some tweaks for myself and let the published version quietly retire. If you are, though, I'll be happy to shove it back up on the internets.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.