View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-03, 16:23

It looks like it is one of my monitors. I mean, it could theoretically be the dock... but I'm pretty sure I've isolated it.

My left monitor won't actually display anything now. I replaced the cable assuming that was the problem but I can't get anything to show on it now via the dock. The right monitor displays fine.

I swapped the connectors and the left monitor still won't display but the right one will. I also swapped the adapter (HDMI -> USB-C, HDMI -> DP) and still the monitor on the left doesn't display. Occasionally it will flash black and then OSD HDMI1 No input. I moved the cable to HDMI2 but get the same result.

The thing is, I can plug my Xbox into the monitor and it works as expected. I can't verify the settings for the monitor's resolution and refresh rate because macOS thinks the monitor is working and is displaying the settings on the monitor that is black to me.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.