View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-07-01, 22:10

Damn,
Six replies??

Okay.
So, on my Accord, to gain access to the driver's side low beam bulb you have to:
  • turn the tires to the right
  • remove two interior fender well clips

So, the interior fender well liner is plastic and the two clips were being really difficult to remove because they would lean off to one side, away from where I was placing the flat blade of the screwdriver. So I tried using two screwdrivers, but that was pointless. Then I went inside to look for a tool that would give me two flat edges that I could slip under the head of the clip (think of it like the head of a nail). I happened across a pair of handheld shears that I use to cut up thick sheets of paper. It was perfect! I could just slip it around either side of the clip and pry away.

So I did.

And then it slipped.

Down. In a really quick and harmless arc.

An arc that ended in "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh".

Yeah, right into my sidewall.

I mean, I hadn't even peed yet. I got up bright and early to knock this job out of the way and save some money. Five hours and many, many dollars later I had a new tire on my wheel and only just barely missed being late for the wedding I had to attend this evening.

Damned electrical system.

EDIT: the fuses were not blown, but both low beams were. I'm going to have to have them replace the entire head unit of the radio, hopefully on extended warranty.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter