View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-03-28, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
You know what? That is a good, entertaining show! I can't believe it, but it is.

Seriously...if the theatrical, live-action prequels (Natalie, Ewan, etc.) would've had this much snap, heart and pacing, they wouldn't be nearly as despised/ridiculed.

I don't always catch them, but when I stumble across it I always stop what I'm doing to watch. I think the stories/plots are quite engaging and exciting, and the humor isn't forced (and doesn't rely on lame slapstick). And the clones (and Kenobi) are bad-asses!

I really do enjoy this show.

And even though it's quite stylized (the humans, anyway...their faces and hair), I love the animation and overall look...it's great fun to watch! Any episode I've seen (maybe 6-8, total) has been 10x more enjoyable and exciting than "The Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones".

I think the secret is that Anakin isn't as much of a slap-worthy punk (as portrayed by Hayden Christensen), Jar Jar and Threepio are generally nowhere to be found (that's key) and they don't shy away from characters killing the shit out of each other when plot/circumstances demand so.

It's more like the original films than anything Lucas has done since 1999, that's for sure.

It's kinda sad that an animated TV show that nobody really watches is that much better of an installment to the "Star Wars" saga than any of the boneheaded prequels...