View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-06, 13:35

No way to know if this is true, but this article makes it sound like the other MacBook Pros (the higher-end smaller ones, which may go to 14", and the 16") aren't coming until the second half of 2021.

If those aren't coming until then, there's no way an even more powerful Mac Pro comes before that. So that leaves the iMac as the only possible first-half-of-2021 M1 transition we might get.

Wasn't expecting that. And there's no guarantee the iMac isn't coming until the second half either. From now until June 30 might be a bit quiet on the Mac front (Frank777 is gonna lose his mind ). My initial gut hunch says I can't imagine them giving the iMacs or higher-end MacBook Pros another Intel-based update, but there's a solid chance that's exactly what they'll do, giving these popular models one final "as good as it can get" Intel-based update for those who can't/won't do the M1 thing, for whatever reason(s), for another year or more (Windows and other software-based reasons, etc.).

Are there things in the Intel stable for these current upper-end 13" and 16" MacBook Pros and the iMac line to go to? I don't follow the chip releases/availability like some here.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-01-06 at 13:46.