View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-27, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Apples move away from things like iSight make sense, there are better webcams, albeit without the software integration. Most of the third party cameras, that aren’t junk, have better image quality, from what I’ve seen.
I mean, it's anecdotal evidence, and I'm sure better ones exist, but I recently compared an iPhone 11, 2013 MacBook Pro, and Logitech external camera (unsure which one), and… boy, that Logitech image clearly had a very poor sensor that they scaled the hell out of to pretend it's "HD". The MBP's image wasn't great, but it was still way better.

In any case, I just don't think this is a market Apple is interested in any more. I'm of two minds about it; I kind of already feel Apple is doing too many things, both in a "single corporation taking over the world" sense and in a "they're losing focus and every individual offering is suffering in fit and finish as a result" sense. OTOH, that era where Apple pushed hard for such integration was nice. The displays, the camera, everything looked nice and worked well. It didn't need to have the best specs, it just needed to be satisfying to use.