View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-25, 13:29

I was using this 1st Gen iPad mini as a weather display. It was a single app in guided access so even if it crashed it would load right back up. This was awesome until I noticed a little bit of light "leaking" near the clamp that held it on my desk. I took it off and kinda freaked out a little. I'm very grateful it didn't literally burn up before I discovered it. Of course it was plugged in 24/7. Guess the battery in it wasn't designed for this.

It is also so old Apple won't replace the battery in it. It had a ghost tap due to toddler abuse so I found a use for it. Don't leave your crap plugged in 24/7 if it has a battery without checking on it. Heck, my Magic Trackpad did the same but I noticed it was starting to wobble so I unplugged it and leave it unplugged most of the time now.

For reference here is where it was on my desk:

Maybe I'll get that Raspberry Pi connected to a small monitor that doesn't have a battery instead.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.