View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-01-05, 08:23

http://thinksecret.com/news/0701iwork.html

They're saying the application is called Lasso and iWork 07 will be released Tuesday during the keynote. I'll wait for reviews on this one, but I may have to pick it up, especially since Excel is the only MS Office component I still use.

It's time to play the feature speculation game now. Obviously, it won't be as fully-featured as Excel, but I imagine it'll be more than enough for most people who need to use spreadsheets. I found this quote from the article particularly interesting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSecret
Sources have also passed along additional notes regarding features in Lasso, including many that will transcend all iWork applications, such as conditional formatting in spreadsheets, enabling images to be treated as content in table cells, and an iPhoto-like "heads-up display" interface offering image editing options. Other improvements will focus on the interface, improving how documents are viewed and navigated and allowing multiple inspectors to be snapped together and moved as a group.
EDIT: I just want to be the first to say Lasso is a really dumb name. Unlike the other iLife apps, it doesn't even give a hint about what it does. I really hope it's a project name and not the final application name.

Here are their reports on the other iLife apps:
Pages 3 - sounds interesting, especially the word processing mode and Wikipedia integration
Keynote 4 - a little less interesting, but the iPod-friendly themes might be interesting. I wonder if that would be as a static movie or if you'll control the slides on the iPod -- full control would be really interesting.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317