View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-01-05, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
I dunno. With the advent of Parallels and Vista, I might go the Windows office route and skip any potential translation hang-ups, missing features or going with Apple's variant. I'm pretty sure any 1.0 spreadsheet from Apple is not going to have the computational horsepower as the very mature Excel.
True. I don't think most people use the computational horsepower of Excel, though. I rarely use very complex formulas. For me, it's relegated to simple budgeting tasks, which I'm sure Apple's application will be able to handle.

For a lot of people, it's going to come down to whether they need a database application or not. The people that need one will go the Windows Office route to get Access (or iWork + Filemaker).

I think Apple's recent success in the market shows that people are more willing than ever to look into change in their computers. With PCs shipping with a new OS anyway, most people buying new computers are starting over, in a way. This has led a lot of people to look into Macs, and I think switchers will start to give iWork 07 a hard look, especially since there's no universal version of Office yet and iWork doesn't require buying a Windows license.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317