View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-07-21, 12:51

See, I just think that's common sense. And how it should be. We've had elections here in town, and this stuff will still be up, weeks later. Nobody seems to say anything or get bothered by it, but that's just been one of my longtime peeves (since I was a teenager, in fact). I hate seeing all this crap everywhere.

It just seems to say a lot, you know? If you think about it...

In fact, next time I'm out and about, I'll pull over and snap a few pics of some particularly gaudy, obnoxious sign clusters here in town.

If you're going to run for office and splash your name all over town, fine. Whatever. That's your deal, that's part of the game, blah, blah. But have the decency and good sense to remove that crap within a day or two after the election. Just as a simple "I'm not an asshat, and I notice the small things and simple courtesies" gesture, if nothing else.

People get so fired up and passionate on the front end, plastering this stuff all over creation. But they're so damn slow to remove it after its done its job and run its course. Yeah, there should be vans or trucks of campaign workers driving around all day Wednesday, removing their candidate's signage from wherever they see it. By Thursday afternoon, there should be no sign of the idiocy and circus that had just taken place two days earlier.