View Single Post
¡Damned!

2012-08-06, 14:08

So since we're back to basics for the time being and everyone is scrambling for coal/charcoal I thought I may take a day or so to revisit my treefarm idea and build something similar as a community farm in the new world. For those that weren't in BP or don't remember, this was my much maligned by name treefarm in BP:

This topped out right at the height limit at the time (64), but I'll likely add 2 more levels since we have jungle wood now. 2 levels for Oak since it's the quickest and easiest for charcoal gathering (and they grow right next to each other in a row) then 2 levels each for the rest of the wood types (they all need a space between). The interior is hollow, so if someone is hot for jungle wood they could grow the 4x4s on the inside:

Not sure about where to put it though. It's tall, but not huge, and I don't want to put a big structure so close to/in sight of anyone that wouldn't want it there. I have a few areas in mind that will work, but I'd like input (areas are not in order of preference):

1) Off the coast of The Isle of Industry. Downside is that it's a trek from Spawn, and as of now only accessible by boat. Upside is it's out of sight for just about everyone.
2) The sand island a little further out of town. Same down/up as above, but it may push for expansion that way instead of into the jungle.
3) Somewhere in the forest behind Spawn. This would make it a part of the future expansion, and likely a part of the city. It's not ugly or anything (), but I'll only put it there if people are fine with having it a part of the inevitable urban sprawl.

This one will be made out of the wood types too, not stone. Not enough charcoal to do that.

So it goes.