View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-05, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
I thought a room dedicated to signs might be a good place to share random messages to each other, maybe even with chests for sharing items with specific players in one localized area. All as sort of mail/PO Box system, with a signs-&-chest cubby for each player.
Ooooh. The more I think about it, I like this a lot better. I doubt we'd ever really use the town hall for decision making procedures since casual chatting and forums posts are both more practical. A combination post office and bulletin board might make for much better use of the building, at least for part of it.

I'm picturing each of us having a small room or section of wall that people can stick signs in/on. This would be a great way to post small messages to someone offline when you don't need to blast it to the forums. Stick a chest in each room for trading items like you said, and we're good, so long as we continue to have faith in the honor system.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.