View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-10-21, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDFRAPP View Post
Home Screen organization is my biggest iPhone headache as I have a severe form of OCD. Every icon position has to make sense, have a logical explanation and try to be in as "alphabetical" an order as possible. I know I'm a nutter
No, no...that's exactly how I am. I agonized over mine for a full day or so. I wasn't happy with my first 2-3 layouts. As much as I hated to, I know I had to introduce a folder on the home screen.

No, I get crazy about that very thing too. I need it just so. I want some nice, logical grouping and then, if/when possible (or makes sense), some alphabetical placement.

I've always had my camera and photos in upper left, Settings in lower right and main communication/reach out to the world apps in the lower dock, available from every screen. Now I've got the Compass and Google Maps paired, the leisure time Game Center and Newstand, my Stock and Weather widgets, all my music/video/media apps on a row, my PDA/personal organizer type stuff in a folder, etc. I left the new Reminders out on its own because a) it's new and b) I figured I would use it more (and I have) if it's out there, easy to see.

I like to have all my Apple mandatory (can't be deleted) apps on the homepage, together. My second iPhone screen is mostly folders:

I recently went through and did some major house-cleaning. I had a ton of apps in Food & Drink, Photography, Music, etc. that I never used, so I whittled things down to a tight set of stuff I will/do use on a somewhat regular basis.

And I still do my little lockscreen info thingie:

I'm convinced this gives me a halfway fighting chance to recover my phone if I lose it and it's found by an honest, helpful person. And the passcode keeps any snooping eyes out. I've made one of these for others with iPhones...my sister, stepmom, friends, etc. with their alternate phone, email and emergency contact. Every few months I'll change up the background for something seasonal or just a change of pace (keep a layered Photoshop file with the text on the top and a boatload of nice backgrounds below to choose from/save out.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2011-10-21 at 22:48.