View Single Post
¡Damned!

2016-02-09, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Can someone explain for the slower players (ie: me) what advantage is conferred by using a new seed for the regened area? (Or what disadvantage using the old seed gives?..)
As I understand it, there are 'markers' in the current seed that get stored if an area is visited. So let's say we've visited a village in our current world/seed. If we regen with the same seed the village would still be there, but villagers and chests would be gone. Same kind of thing happens to temples and strongholds (and I'm sure mineshafts), where the structure might still be there but the chests and sometimes spawners are gone.

Now, 1.9 boosts the amount of strongholds per world from 3 to 128, so who knows how that underground stirring might help or not.

The advantage of wiping and then regenerating with a new seed (beyond new exploration) is that hopefully the new seed brings new structure/village/etc markers and the previously explored area outside of the trim gets new goodies.

Cliffs of Jeb don't bother me so much – but I might want to save another chunk of water around the Guardian Dropper and maybe one near arteggio's castle? Grendagle's island? Just for aesthetics sake.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2016-02-09 at 09:56.