View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2013-12-01, 02:01

Wow, we're a sorry lot with nothing to do on a Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Oh my gosh. I know someone who has this same problem. They're planning on moving out because of the management's lack of help and the other person's total asshattery. It's a frustrating situation, sorry that you're experiencing it too.

Edit: Sorry, but I just have to say FUCK the pot smoker. Fuck them.
My duplex was sold and the new management firm literally doesn't have a working phone number. Not the one on the lease transfer notice and none of the numbers Google turns up. I should find out if that's enough for me to break the lease without a penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I moved when it happened to me and my family. Sorry it doesn't really help with your door, but if you don't own the door then there is little you can do. I'm sure calling the cops every night would get the point across though since it is illegal still I'm pretty sure.

Short of that, weather proofing stuff is pretty standard for a door, use that.
I'm moving soon enough so I just need to get through a month or two. I live in a pocket city with pretty diligent cops who have nothing else to do, I'm sure they'd be happy to dick around with him but I don't want to be a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Similar problem here: neighbor with cigarette smoke. In this case, though, the neighbor is below us and it somehow seeps through the floor/walls. Even though this is supposed to be a no-smoking complex, the administration doesn't seem to care.

Solution: we're moving.
Yeah, that's happening. Probably up to Boulder after the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Have you tried talking to him/her? Perhaps they'd be understanding and at least open a window or something. I've mostly found my neighborhors friendly when I've approached them about such things.
This guy doesn't care, he's an asshat.