View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-09-11, 14:06

Another appalling story: of an Amish girl, raped repeatedly by her various brothers from the age of 6.

She finally reported all this abuse to the police. The brother who raped her the most often, 100-150 times, received the lightest sentence.

It all just makes me sick.

Quote:
Mary says she'd use those fantasies as an emotional escape from what she says was her horrible reality — a childhood and adolescence of sexual assault and rape.

"If somebody was raping me, I'd look up to the ceiling, count the blocks or count the cracks in the wall, or just I was completely not there emotionally. I would have committed suicide many times over if I wouldn't be strong," she said.

Through the years, by Mary's account, she was raped by several different attackers. But one abused her more often than the others — her brother Johnny. Johnny, one of Mary's eight brothers, began assaulting her when he was 12 and she was 6. The assaults continued into her teen years, she said.

"I couldn't go to the outhouse because there was always somebody waiting there. I couldn't go anywhere alone. There was just no place I could be alone," she said.

As time passed, another brother, Eli, followed suit.

"He'd rape me down in the milk house when I was cleaning up the milk house. He'd rape me down in the barn," she said.

The violence in Mary's family began with the head of it — a stepfather who, she says, continually beat both Mary and her brothers.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=316371&page=1