View Single Post
Swing

2006-09-25, 14:22

I'd also vote for the 15" MBP, and also to keep the 17" screen if you do heavy-duty Photoshop work.

I've been using a 12" PB spanning to a 21.3" Samsung lcd. I love the 12" PB's portability and bemoan the lack of a replacement in the MBP line. Much of my work is writing or editing text and so I bought the Samsung because I can use it to view two full pages of text side-by-side while also using my PB's 12" screen. And the Samsung is good for Photoshop.

The past few weeks I have been trying to use only the 12" PB and, surprisingly, I do not miss the 21.3" lcd very much. I must super-shrink my text so as to view most of two separate pages, but that is ok for the time being and only leads me to suspect a 15" MBP is palatable (of course I may be trying to justify the lack of a 12" or even a 13" MBP). For those occasions on which I use Photoshop for more than light touch-up work I just hook up my 12" PB to the Samsung 21.3" lcd, which is now used mainly by my wife.

Eventually, I'll buy a MBP and Parallels to run Fritz and Stronghold games, though for heavy-duty Photoshop work I might still use the 21.3" lcd if I find the new screen real estate comes up short.