View Single Post
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2007-01-05, 09:16

Hello

Please bear with me, there are two parts to this!

I need some advice please ladies and gents...

I have got and renewed my full .Mac account with my wife having an extra email address which I understand is only 50mb of email storage space - which I suppose has suited her ok over the past year...

I have got a MacBook and also an iMac so thought it would be easier for her to use both and have a .Mac account and sync the two together with Bookmarks and contacts / address books and email etc...

Now, then comes the parents, I gave them my old iMac G5, and am I am not too sure if they will ever utilise a full .Mac account 1GB but know that the backup program that comes with it is very good and easy to use, they can either buy an external HDD or backup to DVD's automatically - so far I have been impressed using it on mine - however I have not done a test restore...

I am also wanting them to use iWeb a bit to upload some pics for the family to see, however, I am wondering whether 250MB of webspace will be enough for them considering the fact that it appears the 250MB is split automatically down the middle between email and webspace...

Anyway, I have taken the plunge and upgraded my full .Mac account to a family pack... The only doubt in my mind is that the sub accounts only get 250MB of combined email and idisk space...

Question: I cannot seem to find a way of increasing the email over the iDisk space - is this me being a plank or can you not do it?

Does anyone else out there have a .Mac family pack? What do you think to it? Any niggles?

The next part of the question is online photo printing. (compared to Apple Photoprinting) TruPrint.co.uk had an offer to print 100 6x4 photos for £1 which was a good offer. I helped my mother (new to Mac) to email photos to them (100 broken down in batches of 5) because I came accross a problem where I could only email 30 MB at a time (using Pipex's email servers).

Now I tried to do this on my email (Mac) and find that I can only send emails up to 10MB!!!! I cannot believe this!

BT allow me to do 50 (although cancelled that account), Pipex allow me to send 30 MB, but I just cannot understand how Mac will limit it to 10MB... I think my queries have come after I had doubts over renewing my subscription and now my parents are moving over to Mac (for everything) they think it's daft they will only be able to send 10MB at a time...

They have used Apple for Photo Printing but I find they are a bit more expensive than the other online sites albeit that it is VERY simple to do and you can send them a ton of photos in one go...

I want to send photos to TruPrint using email (you have to email or upload one at a time because they don't make an uploader for OS X as do other photoprinting sites that are cheaper than Apple) but will find it a bit restrictive to send full size pictures some more than 10MB...

So basically is there anyone here in the UK that uses a photo printing site such as TruPrint or Bonus Print that has their own OS X uploader or plug into iPhoto than can make this as easy as possible!!!!???

Thanks for your help / comments in advance, I know this is a long one!