View Single Post
Wraven

2007-01-05, 10:01

OK, I have the .Mac Family Pack and can answer the email / iDisk space question (working on the answer)...

Someone else take the printing question...

OK, here's what you do. Log in to .Mac using your sub-account. Once logged in, click on the bordered link of your name towards the top of the screen (i.e. your account settings). You will be asked to log in again. Do so. Then, click the Storage Settings link. Voila! The options are available to change as you wish. Have fun!

As an aside, since all of my wife's mail is stored locally (in Mail), I have her email set up to use only 20MB, and her iDisk set to 236 MB... That seems to work for her - YMMV.

As for the Family Pack itself, it seems to work pretty well for my setup. I am the only "power user" if you will, and so I have the main account. My wife has 1 sub-account. I have 3 other names reserved as sub-accounts for my two children and to-be-born child. These 3 sub-accounts are not really used since my kids are still little, but it is nice having the names reserved.

The Family Pack is a little pricey, but both myself and my wife use Mail and iWeb quite a bit so we think it is a bearable cost. Hopefully this MWSF adds more to iLife to make it a better value (or we see a price drop). My renewal comes up in March and I'll probably renew either way.

Cheers,
Wraven

Last edited by Wraven : 2007-01-05 at 10:23.