View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-08, 10:59

I tend to agree with Banana. These guys didn't seem "entrapped" to me. In all the situations, they approached the person online (after seeing their gender/age). They initiated any and all sex talk (questions, statements, teases, boasts, requests, etc.). For crying out loud, right off the bat, why would some married 40-year-old guy want to talk to some bubbleheaded 13-year-old online, period? Honestly, now. And then to go down that particular avenue ("So, have you ever done it doggystyle?" and the like). Who does that? A few people, for fairly specific reasons! There's a name for it, you know.

But they dig their own holes, and only push on: it's when they agree to meet the person they truly think is a little girl for sex (there's no room for doubt on this...they're talking about positions, condoms, not telling anyone, etc.).

No one is getting their homes busted into, at least on what I saw. No one is prosecuted for "thinking". These guys make their own trouble by deciding to pursue it, and showing up to get with the girls. There are laws broken (you can't e-mail JPEGs of your rod to some 14-year-old and think that's somehow okay...that's what a lot of these guys were doing).

When busted, they suddenly went from horndog perv to "uh, I'm just here to hang out, and, you know, talk and stuff..." (yes...with six condoms and anal lube in their jacket pocket, and a 12-pack of beer in their hand).

I don't feel bad for them. They would've gone through with it (and, by their own actions and words, they knew they were engaging in bad, wrong stuff).

I don't buy the notion that all these guys are suddenly going to "wise up" and stop doing what they do.

And the "wallet left on a table" and this sort of crime analogy, as Banana points out, doesn't really work, IMO. Some make it sound like people have no choice in taking the wallet..."it was there!". I wouldn't take it. Most wouldn't, I'm betting. The ones that do, they made a choice. They might get in trouble.

I can't have any sympathy, understanding or "wiggle room" for guys out there doing this. The show is pumped-up cheese and borderline sleaze (and a little too proud of itself), I agree. But these perps...they make anywhere from 3-5 bad, lousy decisions and wind up, on their own, following through.

I'm sorry...the "thought police" hasn't broken down anyone's door that I'm aware of on this. No one is shown getting busted for online chatting and so forth.

But you choose to drive a few hundred miles, show up to a house, condoms and who-knows-what-else at the ready, rubbing your joint and thinking you get the "honor" of deflowering some 13-year-old girl...screw you. You get what you deserve.