Thread: iPad-Mini Rumor
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2012-04-16, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The "masses" want another season of The Jersey Shore and a new Britney or Mariah album, FFS. So they're not to be trusted or counted on to be the "guiding force" in what should be. Their job is to simply recognize a good idea when they see it, and line up to buy it.
Ford's line on the faster horse customers wanted is doubly insightful, though. It doesn't just suggest that customers don't quite know what they want; it also suggests that they are, subconsciously, aware of the problems they encounter with what they currently have. When nobody says "I wish my iPad were smaller", it doesn't necessarily follow that nobody wants a smaller iPad. And when everyone says "my iPhone and iPad do exactly what I need them to", that can still mean that they could like something in between. But when nobody even suggests that they would want something, of whatever form, that they can't currently have, that's different.