View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2014-02-25, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
I'm sorry Ziva's gone too. I liked pretty much everything about her character, *except* for the screenwriters continuing to add in her mis-use of American slang and colloquial expressions. This trait was sort of amusing for a while, but can start to annoy the viewer as time passes and as it crops up repeatedly in too many episodes.

I never liked Gibbs slapping Tony on the back of the head. In fact, the whole military structure of subservience of lesser ranks to their superiors adds an unappealing tone to NCIS. This subservience *isn't* found in NCIS Los Angeles, and the latter program is so much the better for not having people treat each other in an abusive way.

I've always hated the way Tony treated McGee - putting him down, criticizing him, playing dirty tricks on him, just because he's a "probie." Tony *looks* good, but someone who treats others in an abusive way loses his appeal almost completely, and the good looks become meaningless. I don't understand how the people who put this program together thought that giving Tony such an abusive character would somehow be appealing. I think most women would hate such brutality.

McGee never treats others abusively, nor does Abby. It's too bad the writers couldn't manage to let Tony's character grow and change. That would have added so much more depth to this tv drama. And, again, I can't help comparing NCIS to NCIS Los Angeles. So many differences, and none of the military rank-pulling hierarchy that can engender unpleasant maltreatment among the characters.
So you pretty much hate what makes NCIS, NCIS? The head slaps, the Ziva misuse of slang, etc( though this stopped when she became an American citizen and an official NCIS agent), all of McGee's nicknames( McGeek, McSidekick, Elf Lord, etc), etc. The team is about family. Gibbs is the father, McGee/Tony are brothers, Ziva was the daughter/sister figure( yet Tony's love interest. yay incest?), etc. Don't know how Bishop will fit into that family. You can clearly see it by how Gibbs is defensive over his team and by his comment in season 9 by how he isn't lonely because of his kids.

I hate NCIS: LA and I am not sold on the idea of NCIS: NO.

Also, I am not warming up to Bishop so far. Don't hate her, but I don't like her either. Either go to a three man team or get my favorite Israeli back when Cote is finished with the Chilean mine film.

giggity

Last edited by Quagmire : 2014-02-25 at 17:06.