View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-05, 01:01

"Threads" as in clothes/armor, not Applenova threads.

This is about the only non-idiotic Star Wars thing I've seen from Disney* since December 2015, so...

I want to love this property again; this show is the clearest route to that. It makes me happy to discuss SW again, and I’d honestly reached the point where I wondered if that could ever happen. If this same bunch is even remotely involved in the Kenobi project, that’s wonderful news.

Somebody - Favreau? Filoni? - actually appears to have a clue and seems hell-bent on producing fun, watchable SW fare; and it’s obvious Abrams and Kennedy don’t have their paws all over it. Thank goodness.

*Yes, yes...Rogue One. It has some nice moments, but, overall, it never really grabbed me much. It has some great scenes/sequences (and amazing visuals), but I kinda think it's a bit overrated. But, when I look at what it's compared against (those three sequel releases from J.J., Rian & Co., then Rogue One may as well be The Godfather or Citizen Kane at this point. It's certainly the best of the bunch of the five live-action theatrical releases from Disney, no doubt. I even enjoyed Solo, the lead actor aside, more than I ever imagined I would.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-05 at 01:14.