View Single Post
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2020-11-07, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
This guy is the unluckiest character ever. Everything bad happens to him and his ship. He just can't catch a break. But, if you're in that line of work, trouble/danger is just part of it, I guess. But nothing ever just goes easy or as planned. Even when he tries to help someone out, or even just mind his own business, everything goes sideways within minutes.
"Bounty hunting is a complicated profession."

Quote:
The one thing I've noticed about the show is the music. All other SW live-action properties, by design, have been orchestral (strings, horns, etc.) I heard Lucas and John Williams talk about how the world itself is so crazy and out there, that there should be timeless type of music to "ground it", etc. I think that's been such a good part of the OT and even the prequels at times. But The Mandalorian is way more electronic and "thump-y"...white noise, dissonance, pulsing bass, aggressive percussion, etc. Sometimes it reminds me of that synth theme that plays at the start of Stranger Things when the red letters all appear and come together. That's kinda new/different for Star Wars, isn't it?
Here's a good interview I read with the composer about season 2. Sounds like making a move away from "old" Star Wars music was very intentional, and I think it worked out pretty well.