Thread: iPad mini 6
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-15, 19:40

I grabbed one of those nice, large straight-on PR shots from Apple's site and scaled it down to be 5.3" wide and 7.69" (dimensions given for the new mini at Apple's site) and printed it out, cut it out, spray-glued it to some foamcore (the number of times I've done this in my Apple-using life is just...well, sad ) but it's a great way to get a very accurate, dimensional mockup in hand of a new product that hasn't hit the streets yet. I've done this with various iPhones over the years...a nice little collection of foamcore/paper iPhones in my nightstand.

Yes, ladies...hard to believe I'm single, I know.

At 5.3" wide, it fits nicely in the hand, and then then it's mostly screen of course. That bezel shouldn't be any problem or hassle to deal with. Looked real nice. A great couch/bed kinda device, but a bit larger than the biggest iPhone but still well under the Air or Pro iPad and, therefore, maybe more comfortable/easy to use when slugging around.

Every time I mess with a normal-sized iPad (including the one I briefly owned back in late 2012/2013), it just seems like "there's no real good way to hold this thing" (lying in bed, reclining on couch). The mini has always kinda appealed to me, but I never liked how it often seemed like a neglected afterthought at times.

This new one seems like they really wanted to put out the best small iPad they could (A15, bigger display, Pencil 2 support, USB-C, 5G (I assume the previous model had neither of these), Center Stage and all the rest.

Sorry, 709...