View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-19, 13:00

Yes. That's a lot of work. But, if you can break it up into 2-4 years, then you're only looking at 25-50 pounds/year, and that's doable. Even the 25/year route is just 2 pounds per month, which is very manageable, and the healthier of the two routes.

I know it's not easy, but maybe it's necessary? My whole reason for doing this started in early 2020 when COVID was mostly killing old, out-of-shape people. I don't consider myself "old" (I'm about to hit 52), but I was very much out of shape, and I can't do that anymore. It's up to me to determine what kind of shape my body is in, whether through healthy eating, working out, or (preferably) both. I'm not shooting for "ripped old man", but I am shooting for "I work out, and it shows".

If you look healthy, you probably are. If you don't look healthy, though, then maybe there's some trouble brewing?

Don't get me wrong. Looking "healthy" does not protect us from icky things, but it can sure help. A healthy body heals faster than an unhealthy body, and is more resistant to damage. Thus, my decision.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)