View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-02-28, 14:40

Still at it. I'd been "bulking" since October and put on 30 pounds after hitting my 160 goal, so I'm back up to 190. Interesting, I'm nowhere near as "pudgy" as I was, so I know a lot of that weight gain has been muscle (at least 5-10 pounds, anyway).

Today is actually the first day of another cut, so I'm back to that, with a target of 165.

The big news (for me, at least), is that I made some pretty big gains on the weights over that 5 month bulking phase, and am now lifting more than I ever have in my life.

The sucky bit is that I got the plague the first week of January and was out for two weeks (minor fever for a week, and then minor head cold for a week, followed by two weeks of a complete lack of motivation) and was out of the gym for a solid month. It took me all of February to regain what I'd lost (in terms of lifting progress), but I'm almost all the way back and wrapping my head around that whole "just do it" attitude. There have been a few days where my body just refused to get out of bed (I blame my stupid brain), but I think I'm getting that lack of motivation back under control.

I don't like cutting, but this time I'm going to try really hard to get my weekends in order so I don't lose so much progress drinking and stuffing down the cheesecake.

It's a never-ending struggle, this getting-in-shape thing.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)