View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-03-31, 14:51

Ummm...

We might have some REALLY bad news. I know that this server is not really being played on much, but it might get even less traffic here in a month or so.

I got a call from someone claiming to be AT&T to tell me that they will be killing my VDSL service next month. There is no other provider in this area. Everything is pushing me to go wireless. Those all have data caps and no static IPs nor port forwarding.

I might lose ALL of me resources being hosted in my house. This would be all my web services and all would have to go away or find a new home on the web again.

I looked at Starlink and they don't even offer coverage in my area yet. I would be waitlisted for them. So far they seem to be my best option though... once I would be able to get service with them. No static IPs, but maybe port forwarding. I also think they are free from data caps IIRC.

This sucks. I'll keep y'all posted.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.