View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-01, 21:31

Curious to see a breakdown here among fellow 'Novans regarding which iPhone - 4GB or 8GB - you bought.

All along I was set on the 4GB, but reading an AppleInsider article about possible forthcoming updates and capabilities (odd...article is now missing), I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $100 to go to 8GB.

Wasn't my original plan, but I can certainly be persuaded.

Since I intend on having this phone for a good three years (like my current cell phone), I'm wondering if I'll reach a point in a year or two where 4GB might seem cramped? Hard to predict that now, I realize (not knowing what kinds of things Apple may be adding, and how large they'll be), but since I'm not going to be spec-whoring and buying each new iPhone bump or generation that comes along, I kinda need to make the one I buy now last "for the long haul". I just don't want to be sitting here this time next year, having to remove songs and photos because Apple has added so many neat functions or updates that suddenly 4GB is seeming a bit squeezed.

So let's see what you bought, and let me hear your advice and input on my personal 4GB vs. 8GB decision.

Knowing that I intend to keep this phone for a solid 2-3 years (at least), do you think it's worth it - and smart - to go ahead and lay out the extra $100 just to give myself plenty of growing and "add on" room in the coming years?

I have to admit that I'm leaning toward "yes" here today for the first time...

If I knew updates would be small in file size, I'd be okay with 4GB. But I know that I'm stuck with whatever I buy, so...

All opinions and input appreciated.