View Single Post
yoda_four

2004-12-29, 22:15

Considering iPod already does music and photos and we all know that good PDA functionality (calendar, notes, etc.) and video content is just around the corner; does Apple really think we'll handle this all through iTunes? It'll no longer be about Tunes but so much more.

I think that Apple will need to create a simple iPod app, through which you control what selections and content you want updated. Just like the menu through iTunes, but outside of iTunes. Then Apple could actually add in it's own proper way of the iPod adding iCal, Mail, and Address Book updates with a simple checkoff. Actually, a lot like iSync but only for iPod. (PodSync?)

I just think it's really stupid having to choose which photos files you want on your iPod, through iTunes. Either it should've been controlled through iPhoto (ya, doesn't work with Windows ppl), or in iPod's own sync app.

Another beef I have: when an Apple video content soution arrives, I truly think a new app is needed! Either just for buying videos online or they could remove the iTMS from iTunes and add it to this A/V Store. You'd select whether you want to buy audio, or video; then start buying. It seems ridiculous to be buying video through a music app. I just don't know what Music videos would be placed under, audio or video. IMO, I could see myself and others purchasing music videos, trailers, short films, and TV shows through an iFlix store.

What do ya think?