View Single Post
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-05-24, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus
I don't fucking believe it. The fucking Home Folder icon is back already! ALREADY!

I think it *must* be to do with the LaCie: two back-ups, two instances of Home-Folder-iconitis.

In particular this time, before I noticed that the icon was there again, iTunes and Finder were Not Responding (beachball) *after I plugged in my iPod*. On the iPod, the "Do Not Disconnect" warning would not go away and the iPod would not show up in iTunes.

Arrrrrrrrrrgghh! This is fucked up.

About this FFL, Get Info for my Home Folder in Macintosh HD>Users>Home gives Kind: Alias and Size: 0KB. The icon on the desktop gives Kind: Volume and Size: 47.72GB. Uh oh... That's not right is it?

Can I move the Home Folder from the desktop into my Users Folder (after I mess with the permissions)?

I've post this on the Apple Discussion boards (link)->
Hmm. The behavior you're describing is more or less supporting my initial theory. I think you must have used the CCC for cloning your Home folder again. DON"T do that again.... from now on, just drag your home folder to your backup drive and let the Finder copy it.

Shut Down, disconnect the La Cie, and then try the Get Info again on your internal HD's Home folder. If it's OK, then it's time to repeat the steps from above, to wipe out the La Cie, and don't use CCC at least for the time being.