View Single Post
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-05-24, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFL
Hmm. The behavior you're describing is more or less supporting my initial theory. I think you must have used the CCC for cloning your Home folder again. DON"T do that again.... from now on, just drag your home folder to your backup drive and let the Finder copy it.

Shut Down, disconnect the La Cie, and then try the Get Info again on your internal HD's Home folder. If it's OK, then it's time to repeat the steps from above, to wipe out the La Cie, and don't use CCC at least for the time being.
OK, I won't use CCC the next time I back-up. See if that is the culprit. Drag-'n'-Drop from now on. By the way, the LaCie is almost always disconnected - it is only connected when I back-up. I'm not sure how the PB can get "confused" if the LaCie is hardly ever plugged in.

I've just re-started, zapping the PRAM as I did so - so the icon is gone now (feels like its an evil spirit lurking just beyond sight though). I'll repair permissions (Disk Util) and do the 3 maintenance scripts (MacJanitor) in a bit, just for fun.

But Get Info on my Home Folder in My Computer>Macintosh HD>Users>Me still says Kind: Alias Size: 0Kb. Is that normal? What does yours say? If my Home Folder is not in Users, wtf is it?! haha

bouncy bouncy