View Single Post
AtlantaX

2006-11-09, 16:00

OK - with the introduction of the latest slate of Intel based Macs, I've decided to FINALLY switch back to a Mac and I would like the Mac Pro. One nagging issue though is that all I hear is that Mac's are not good gaming machines - surprising since the last time I owned a Mac they were superior (ok, so it was 1990). Anyway, I'm not a "hardcore" gamer but I do like to run games like Battlefield 1942 and I always play online against others. The latest games are too sluggish on my machine to enjoy which is one of the reasons why i'm retiring my old machine (it's limited to 512mb memory).

Are the "Mac's arent good for games" complaints just from really hardcore gamers or would someone like me be frustrated with poor performance in general?

I'm not looking to have the most advanced physics, etc. but I do want the game to run without the pauses, hesitations, etc. that occur when the machine is overwhelmed.

Other than this nagging question, I am sooooo ready to come back to the Apple world.

Oh - I was thinking that January would be a good time to buy. First, because I believe Apple usually makes new product announcements in January? True? Also, I figure with the launch of Vista driving attention to PC purchases in January, maybe Apple will sweeten the current incentives to grab some of those people in buying mode. Thoughts?