View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-03-25, 17:45

Did you give him the name of the AppleCare rep who told you that it was still coverable with dents? Did you *get* the name of that rep? If not, and there's no note on file regarding it, then I'm afraid all they have to go on is your word, and as someone who has dealt with retail customers before, that's not usually a reliable source. :/ (I'm not saying *you're* not a reliable source, but *in general* it's not a good policy.)

I don't know what to tell you either - I have had nothing but excellent service with AppleCare repairs, and the one time my wife had a problem with her iBook getting repaired (turned out to be that flaky video card connector problem), they ended up giving her $200 credit at Apple that she used towards an iPod. This was strictly for wasting her time, and the iBook came back fully repaired on the third attempt.

And, are you sure the battery replacement wasn't under the recall? That is *entirely* separate from AppleCare, and in fact, batteries are *NOT* covered under AppleCare unless there is a manufacturing problem. Decreased life due to wear and tear doesn't count. So if you had the battery replaced, I'd have to ask: under what circumstances? It may be that that completely bypassed AppleCare and any warrantee, and you simply misunderstood.

Last edited by Kickaha : 2005-03-25 at 17:52.