View Single Post
WrestleEwe

Send a message via Skype™ to WrestleEwe 
2009-11-02, 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
1. Opening multiple files simultaneously from the Finder has seemingly random results. Sometimes all files open in one Preview window (as I've directed in Preferences); sometimes only a few of the selected files open at all; and sometimes two Preview windows open, each with some of the selected files. Quitting Preview and reopening the selected files often changes the behaviour.
Anyone else have these issues?
I have that as well, quite annoying actually...

Another thing that bugs me is that the OSX' PDF rendering isn't really that good. Preview seems to make a lot of mistakes when asked to open vector based PDFs. Escpecially ones made with Adobe software.

Also, there is a tipping point between the lightweight Preview and the heavyweight Acrobat. I get a lot of converted autoCAD/Vectorworks drawings, when they reach a certain complexity Preview's PDF renderer gets so slow that it compensates for Acrobats long startup time.

On my MB that point is at around 10/15MB worth of pure vectors. Adobes renderer is just better than the one in OSX, but Acrobat itself is so bloated that no one notices until the files get a little complex.