View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-12-12, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
It's clear that Murbot has been spending a lot of time with Minecraft.
(It's Murbot, so you know it's NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6iajLG6I4

Bryson: I'm actually afraid to try it. Whatever level of productivity I have now will surely be halved by week's end. Since I work from home, no boss to threaten me... it's a bad situation based on seeing everyone else's addiction. I saw a video from some review that showed a guy bending a wolf pack to his will by giving them treats. Pretty frickin hilarious. Dogs were following him around, through water, shaking off, etc.

So all this stuff that's out in teh world... animals, boats, whatever... those were all made at some point by someone? Or is the world you inhabit at surface level already made and you just dig down to build stuff?
The world is approximately half terrain, half sky when you start. You mine to gather resources from which you can built. We aren't carving our creations out of earth (well, most of us aren't), we're building creations from mined bits of earth and the resources it contains.

The appeal is a combination of creative output and voyaging into dark parts of the world. Every once in a while we go all explodey and blow something up, but mostly we build, and dig, and build some more, but mostly dig.