View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-09, 11:27

No, I don't have the money. The 17" LCD offerings I'm seeing are already stretching my budget to the limit, but I think I'll thank myself in the end if I buy one. And I can always sell this CRT of mine. It's very nice and I'm sure someone would be willing to buy it for $100-$150.

What's funny is that NewEgg seems to be one of the only places that can even compete, price-wise. I checked BestBuy.com and they had a bad selection and even worse prices. Amazon seems to have a good selection, but it's terribly organized and the prices are just okay.

The model I'm considering right now is the Samsung 710N. Not snazzy or high end at all, but it's not the lowest end either. $427 shipped from NewEgg, 12ms response, 600:1 contrast ratio.

I'll take a look at that ViewSonic you recommended. Sounds like a nice one, and $550CA might be in my price range (though $550US is a bit too high).

EDIT: Well, it's $550US from Amazon, and $525 from NewEgg... meanwhile, the one I'm looking at is still much more expensive from Amazon than from NewEgg. I might end up buying it through NewEgg after all. I mean, I don't expect Amazon or really anyone else to be very forthcoming about a return or replacement, and a local retailer will charge me up the ass while also adding sales tax. I might go check some out today but I think I'll just order from NewEgg.

Last edited by Luca : 2004-07-09 at 11:38.