Thread: Tattoos
View Single Post
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-02-06, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Xaqtly, your tattoo tells me you'd probably be a fun person to hang out with. You're probably pretty spontaneous and not afraid of trying new things.
I just see life as being too short to not try things you want to try, and do things you want to do. Plus, this is not just a tattoo representing a silly song, this has personal meaning for me. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Despite my needle phobia, I've been considering something like a Celtic knotwork bear paw on one upper arm and a Celtic knotwork band on the other.
You know it's really not that bad, getting the tattoo. If the artist is experienced and good, it's kind of more annoying than outright painful. Imagine one of those metal dental picks your dentist has, and dragging one across your arm with maybe medium force. That's kind of what it feels like, and it's not constant because he's lifting off as he goes to draw more of it in. And then the recovery feels like road rash. Ever fallen off a skateboard and scraped up your knee or arm or something? The recovery feels pretty much exactly like that. Again, more annoying than outright painful. What I'm saying is that if you want to do it, you should do it.

I hate needles as much as anybody, but this didn't trigger my needlephobia for whatever reason. It was more like he was just drawing on my arm than actually going into it and taking blood or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Nice homage.
Thanks. I am really happy with it.